After Installing Linux , You must have the following list of Softwares in you Linux box to enjoy the freedom of Opensource.
Best Graphics and Image editing tools available on Linux
- GIMP Image Editor : GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It
is a freely distributed program for such tasks
as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It has many capabilities. It
can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching
program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image
renderer, an image format converter, etc.
- InkScape Vector Graphics Editor : Inkscape is a Vector Graphics Editor, similar to Adobe Illustrator, that strives to be SVG Compliant, open source, responsive and extensible.
- Raw Therapee image enhancer : One of the best raw image editor available on Linux
- Shutter Screenshot tool : Shutter Ubuntu / Linux app that allows you to take screenshots, edit them, apply various effects, upload them online and more.
You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website – apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points
- Scribus desktop publishing tool : Scribus is a powerful desktop publishing software that helps you create great looking documents of all kinds
- Pencil Animation software: Pencil's purpose is to make traditional animation.Pencil is intended to be a simple programme enabling anyone to
make 2D animation.
Best Programming tools available on Linux
- Gedit : It is a simple yet powerful Text editor available in Linux.
- Vim editor : Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text
- Beyond Compare
- Geany IDE : Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment. It
was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, which has only a few
dependencies from other packages.
- Code Blocks IDE : Codeblocks is a cross-platform IDE built around wxWidgets, designed to be extensible and configurable.
Best Internet applications available on Linux
- Skype : Download Skype for Linux and make free calls and internet calls to all your friends and family with Skype.
- FlareGet downloader : The Best Download Manager and accelerator for Linux. This is an excellent replacement for Internet Download Manager(IDM) in Windows
- Transmission Bit torrent client
- ThunderBird email client : Now forget Microsoft outlook and try it's best alternative, Thunderbird is a free email application that's easy to set up and customize - and it's loaded with great features.
- Empathy Instant Messaging client for GNOME: Empathy is a messaging program which supports text, voice, video chat, and file transfers over many different protocols.
Best Web browsers on Linux to use
Best Media players available on Linux Platform
Labels: Linux, Softwares